Saturday 21 December 2013

Third appointment 12 and then the 16th for my mastectomy

Today is my third appointment I'm of to see what the next plan of action is !!!!!
I don't know what today will bring but I will find out what will happen ..whether it's treatment or an operation.  I am happy to say I have been told the cancer hasn't spread to the lymph nodes . I am so pleased with this result it means that currently I need to await the decision of surgery.
My surgeon meets us in a small appointment room and she is suggesting I have the mastectomy and all of the lymph nodes removed . Although  we are concerned about the amount of time I am under anaesthetic. I have found out also that 1 in 5 people get lymphedema. This would mean my arm would swell up and my hand giving me limited arm movement. There also is another dilemma to this decision as there is no medicine that will help the arm go back to being normal. This could be a potential knowing my bad luck that I would be the 1 in 5 . Now my next decision there is free surgery spot this week on Thursday. Arrangement were made for me to go and see the pre assessment unit for surgery. So many questions to answer to be prepared for the mastectomy . The one thing I have maintained is my sense of humour and my faith . My husband has been a rock and I don't think he understands why I still haven't reacted the way he thought.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment