Thursday 5 December 2013

The beggining of a rollercoaster journey

Our Family Journey as I am diagnosed with Breast Cancer 2nd December

 My husband and son


 The first people I would like to thank is my Husband jay helping me throughout my illnesses already in existence and for telling me to get checked Also I would like to thank my GP to whom I wont name without her consent. If I hadn't of had a good husband or a good GP I would likely still be going on with these two Cancerous Tumours without knowing !!!! Its so important to check any abnormality's you may have noticed because it could be something or nothing but either way Its worth sharing the information rather than leaving it .
Appointment 1 Hospital
The day is the ....of December and I have been given the news of high possibilities of Breast Cancer . I had mammogram and an Ultrasound and the staff have been amazingly kind and considerate to the need of my care . I have to say the care is somewhat amazing and generally outstanding . The professor who treated me found 2  solid masses one measuring 5 cm and the other measuring 3 cm . I think she is almost certain by her wording chosen . I have taken her given  news on-board and am thinking how to tell my family and friends the ghastly news.   My husband jay is totally shell shocked but in the good spirit of myself I always find something to laugh about. Last year I was diagnosed with two different types of sleep apnoea just before Christmas . I did comment on this as I wandered whether maybe my Christmas present could be slightly more fulfilling like a new pair of boots or a handbag or even a holiday on the NHS lol.  I cannot quite explain how this all feels other than quite surreal . I have had a biopsy on my right breast and after extensive comforting conversations. I feel in the safest of hands in this warm welcoming unit . On leaving my appointment I did say jay can you pinch me I think maybe this is a bizarre dream. A small pinch to the arm made me realise this was happening and these conversations and biopsy's happened .  As I said a small ouch !! on the pinch this gave me confirmation of the reality of the morning.
On the way home whilst my hubby chatted in the car with what I say my near enough Son in law I stayed in a stunned silence and listened to music. As we were receiving calls to find out if all was well we waited to speak when we could gather our daughters round to the house to talk about the very ghastly possibilities. in that was a flicker of the smallest of light it would be so I was almost certain as the professor. I have to say I am glad I was prepared for the worst news rather than ultimately be completely shocked when I came back to the next Monday appointment.

4 comments:

  1. Shocking news but you handled it like a trooper! I admire your courage and strength! Sending up many prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou I hope that this page will help others and spread word to other Women and the 1 percent of the male population that share this condition. Thankyou for admiring my courage . My faith and family and friends keeps my strength going xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My partner was the one who made me go to docs....thats when i found out i had skin cancer..2007 had skin graft then a year before i was due the all clear i had it again...now got to wait till 2016 but without our family and friends we wouldnt get thru it...i totally feel for u but be strong u can do it U CAN FIGHT CANCER good luck for the future my thoughts are with u all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania so lovely for you to leave a message..so similar to me in that our partners sent us to our Doctors.I m so sorry to hear you had Skin Cancer in 2007 and still suffering the effects of this terrible illness and now having to await until 2016. please keep in touch and keep updated by my posts I have so much of my diary to catch up on to fill you in on. We will fight the Cancer together thankyou for your kind words and I will think of your fight too xxx

      Delete